Monday, July 22, 2013

Baby Shower

Our Baby Shower was yesterday. It was thrown by my Mommy and my Sizzer (sister). They did a wonderful job. from the decorations down to the cake was perfect (the cake was actually a fiasco, but my sister put her foot down and made them fix it...and I wouldn't have known if she didn't tell me)! The food was finger sandwiches, bruchetta, cucumber sandwiches, and pasta salad because when we picked the menu that's what sounded best to me. It's wonderful having a menu built around what you want. I hope everyone ate enough. I know I went back and filled my plate up a second time. Mom and Steph had everyone play the baby shower candy bar game where they give you something having to do with babies, pregnancy, birth, etc. and then you have to figure out what candy bar works best with it. I think out of twelve, the most that anyone got right was five. It was super fun hearing all of the guesses. They also did a "Guess the Number of Jellybeans in the Baby Bottle" game (hmmm..I wonder why they picked Jellybeans). The answer was over 1200, but I don't remember exactly how many. All I know is that I now have 1200 jellybeans to eat. After lunch I started opening gifts. During the gift opening, Mom raffled off prizes for the diaper raffle. The diaper raffle was where everyone who brings in a pack of diapers gets a raffle ticket for a chance to win a prize. We now have about 1000 or so diapers to start us off with JB. That will be incredibly helpful since we have to spend oodles of money on formula. We opened up so many gifts that are going to be so helpful with JB. Once we finish his nursery this week I get to start finding places for all of them. We LOVE everything we got and are sooooo incredibly grateful for all of it! Thank you everyone for coming and for the gifts! Thank you to those that sent gifts via mail! We love you all and are so thankful to have you all in our lives! The support you've given us throughout our lives and especially over the past three and a half year means more to us than you will ever know! Thank you all for rooting for JB! He can't wait to make his debut and meet everyone!

Love Always and Forever,
Jason, Kristy, & JB

P.S. I posted pictures in the Baby Shower Photos tab. Sorry that we didn't get picture of every table too. I wish we did, but we got side tracked and forgot to go back. If anyone brought a camera and has some pictures, I would be incredibly grateful if you could send them to me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment